Thursday, February 12, 2009

BLOGGING MY PREACHING NOTES ( ONE LIFE TO LIVE)


I will be doing something really different this month. I will be posting my preaching outline from my previous sermon. This is the outline, not all of my studies. I will be editing some, to make sure nothing confidential is revealed. I usually have 3 levels of preaching notes

1. just writing everything in paper
2. after prayer and study I write the edited ones in my computer ( usually 4 pages)
3. rewriting it in my computer, outline form.( this is the one i printout for my preaching, usually 1 page)

What you will be seeing is number 3!

If you are a preacher.. this will give you an idea how my outline looks like. How weird I think. If you are NOT a preacher.. well you might just be curious. WARNING: MY NOTES ARE HARDER TO INTERPRET THAN GREEK MANUSCRIPTS!!! :) Here we go....


ONE LIFE TO LIVE: TOPIC LIVE( PREACHING NOTES FEB 6, 2009)

Intro Video: LIFE IS SHORT…

ME: Bucket list picture

Transition: life is short …as in the movie…

TENSION: “THE DASH” , LIFE IS SHORT , What will you do with it?

BACKGROUND: MOSES, 10 PLAGUES, BURNING BUSH, RED SEA, ( but he still prayed this prayer)

GOD :Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalms 90:12

TEACH US: Source of life. Giver of life is Jesus …he knows what is best.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6

To NUMBER OUR DAYS: Jun e powerpoint SLIDES..( average person life time, I you live to be 75)

Life is fleeting..“Show me, O LORD, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. Psalms 39:4

You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man’s life is but a breath. Selah Psalms 39:5

The length of our days is seventy years — or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away. Psalms 90:10

GAIN? : some people gain, fame, money, women? (powerpoint of Britney etc)

Heart of wisdom:

One point : LIFE IS SHORT .. LIVE WISELY

You : live passionately, live in faith, purpose…

JESUS: He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

EG: heart beat illustration.

No comments: