Sunday, September 16, 2007

BLOG #1 Why is this blog entitled WHO'S NEXT?



I am a sports fan!!! I am a sports fanatic!!! I watch basketball, soccer, tennis, boxing,ultimate fighting, and an occassional WWE ( i don't think thats even a sport ). One thing that amazes me about sports is that they always look for the "next guy". They never seem content with the "present guy".

I guess because the turnover for athletes is really fast, they are left with no choice. Tennis players and gymnasts retire in their mid 20's. So sports trainers, coaches, analysts and fans always ask the question WHO'S NEXT? Who's the next Tiger Woods, Lebron James, Ronaldinho, Maria Sharapova, or Manny Pacquio?

If the sports world asks that question? Shouldn't the Church ask the same thing? Moses helped Joshua, Elijah mentored Elisha, David prepared Solomon. Part of our responsibility as followers of Christ is not just to think of ourselves but raise up the next generation. Let us look in us and around us and let's all start asking the question WHO'S NEXT?

2 comments:

MargaritaSaludo said...

I want to be next, Pastor!!! =)

I will be next!!! =)

Unknown said...

WWE is a sport. Sports-entertainment.

Hehe. I miss you bro!