Saturday, February 16, 2008

DO YOU SIT AND CRY?



Read Nehemiah 1 this morning. Pumped me up!!! Here are my thoughts.

THE PLOT:
Nehemiah was hangin out, had a decent job bearing cups ( or cup bearer hehe), somehow hears in a new way that Jerusalam was a wreck, he gets a burden.... he prays, he acts. he goes, he builds, he wins. cool story. this is my take.....

VERSE THAT HIT ME IN THE HEAD:
- Nehemiah 1:4 ¶ When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven.

QUESTION:
when NEHEMIAH encountered the problem and got a burden, what was the first thing he did?

ANSWER:
HE SAT DOWN and CRIED!!!! What? He sat down? lazy man of God!!! How can you actually sit after hearing such a huuuuuuuuugeeeeeee problem. How can you sit and cry like a baby!

APPLICATION:
So i read it again, and i realized that he knew so much more than me. I am an action man, when i hear a problem, I go and do something about it!!! Nehemiah paused and dwelled in the presence of God. He prayed and fasted.

How many of us rush into action when we see an obstacle, Do we actually take some time to pray and wait for God to give us a solution to a problem? Do we know all the answer or have enoguh to get the job done that there is no need for payer? I love the fact when PRAYER MAKES US RELY ON GOD's ABILITY NOT OURS.

PRAYER GIVES US DIVINE INSIGHT , DIVINE STRATEGY AND SUPERNATURAL PEACE . I have challenged myself to be like Nehemiah to PRAY BEFORE I ACT!!! It may not be natural , BUT I WANT TO PRAY BEFORE I ACT.

No comments: