Thursday, February 14, 2008

NASHVILLE LESSONS (DAY 1)





I am in Nashville,TN together with some of our other pastors MArc, Michael,Joe, Ryan tan,and Winston to observe and learn from the School of Campus Ministry. I have only been in school one day but have learned a lot already. Here are some things i learned in DAY 1.


1. LEARNING SHOULD BE ENGAGING AND FUN - Paul Barker head of the school here told us that he wanted to create an environment where students are actually having a blast learning. He said that students who have the most fun while learning retain it more. I totally argee. ( hearing paul has challenged me to upgrade my teaching style)

2. BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!!!- On the way to Nashville , I could see most of the people here holding books. Whether they were in the airport, eating in restaurants, or even inside airplanes people read. There is a culture of reading. The school also provides an amazing array of books from which students can learn from. ( i have really been challenged to read more)

3. THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO DO THINGS: - watching how the school works here, comparing it to Manila is totally different. Not that one is better than the other. its just that people have different ways of doing stuff. Im just excited for the opportunity to exchange ideas with people from different nations. ( Im so grateful that we are part of Every Nation Ministries)

4. I SHOULD WEAR GLOVES - Negative 6 CELSIUS!!! its snowing, its too cold for a Filipino like me. My fingers were freezing. I feel like i placed my hand inside the freezer. Oh well, lesson learned. I will be ready for tomorrows class.



All for now!!!

No comments: