Friday, February 8, 2008

THE YOUNG AND THE CLUELESS



Turn on the Tv and chances are you will see a young celebrity on air. It might be a pop princess, star high school- pros athlete in a commericial ,or some internet wizard who made his first billion.

Somehow the world, understands the potential of young people. Sadly, a lot of churches don't. Church and God things are often associated with old people with white hair or no hair ( i dont have hair!! so please dont be offeneded) but the reality is God loves using young and clueless people. Question is do we ?


Paul had no problem empowering a young pastor named Timothy , giving him the reigns to a WHOLE CHURCH! Im not talking about just the youth department but the WHOLE CHURCH!!!

Do we empower young people? Here are a few questions I have been really pondering on recently...

1. Do I actually take time discipling/ equipping young people?
2. Do i hang out with people younger than me?
3. Do I INTENTIONALLY, raise up people to be better than me?
4. DO I ACTUALLY CHEER FOR AND RELEASE young PEOPLE to do what God want them to do?
5. Do I lose confidence in them or guide them when they make mistakes?

You dont need to be a youth pastor to do this, you can actually be a parent spending time with your children, a couple opening your home to parentless teenagers or a senior pastor giving opportunities to younger pastors.

I have been blessed to have parents, older friends and a church that equipped and empowered me to be what God wants me to be. I just want to do the same for others.


1Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

No comments: