Wednesday, April 30, 2008

“L.a. how do you become a pastor?" ( campus missionary)

My former classmates, relatives and people in church for some reason have been asking me the same question, “L.a. how do you become a pastor?" So hopefully this blog answers that question?


How?

1. God called me - My childhood dream was to become the first filipino NBA player ( Lorenzo) never dreamt of being a pastor. I remember driving my car coming from a friends house, I honestly heard God tell me its time to serve Him as a pastor. I just obeyed.

2. My spiritual leaders thought is was a good idea – I didn’t want to assume I was fit to do this full time, so I did what I usually do when i'm at a crossroad, I sought counsel from my mom and other leaders. I knew I heard God, but i knew that if I heard him right he would confirm it through people

I remember that stormy night vividly, how I went to pastor steve murrell’s apartment and asked him what he thought about my situation. ( I was ok with any answer he would give, glad he said yes though)

3. Common Sense - Even before being a pastor, I loved ministering to people. I spent most of my time discipling young people. I had fruits. I enjoyed doing this more than my business, my career and yes even basketball. It was something I thought of every single day!!! It simply made sense

I guess there are a lot more reasons, but these 3 top my list. I was thinking this would help all of you who are in the point of decision. This is not just a guide for future pastors but for anyone trying to make decisions in life.

Im glad I obeyed God, Im glad i have spiritual leaders, and Im glad God gave me common sense.

1 comment:

Glennis and Ces Nitafan said...

"I knew I heard God, but i knew that if I heard him right he would confirm it through people"

I've heard you a couple of times mention this in your preachings and I attest that I follow this same principle I have learned from you. It works! Thanks Pastor LA.