Monday, April 7, 2008

LEADERSHIP LESSON # 3 "BOUNCE OFF"


If you are a leader, take this phrase to heart ..... "BOUNCE OFF". Its a cooler way of saying," to ask for feedback". I cannot overemphasize the need for leaders to "bounce off" ideas with different kinds of people. (staff, pastors, youth, non christians etc)

After preaching the 5pm service, I have made it a habit to ask other people how my preaching was. I want to be able to adjust and modify for the 7 pm. ( kawawa naman ang 5) My most brilliant ideas, best preachings, strategic ministry moves were a result of people speaking into my life. and giving me honest to goodness feeback

Yes, i admit it, it sometimes hurt my ego being corrected and adjusted or if someone has a way cooler idea that mine.. but WHATEVER!!! THE GOAL IS TO IMPROVE WITH THE HELP OF OTHERS , NOT TO BE PRIDEFUL AND PROVE TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS YOU CAN DO THINGS ALONE!!

Jordan needed the Bulls, Ricky Martin needed Menudo, Hannah Montana needs her friends. Next time you think you have a brilliant idea... remember these words... "BOUNCE OFF" . It will save you a lot of heartache.

1 comment:

Ro said...

Great blog, LA. :)

That's one of the things I really admire about you. You really ask for feedback and really listen when people give you feedback. It not just does the task of improving whatever it is you are asking feedback for but succeeds in empowering the people around you to engage and contribute and be part of what you're doing.